Monday, April 26, 2010

Darlington Raceway

I am pretty much a girly girl, but several years ago some tickets came open along side the boys of the family for the Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway. Back then it was was held on Labor Day so my mother, now sister-in-law, and I decided to tag along for the fun. We were immediately addicted.The roar of the engines, the smell of burning rubber, the excited crowds.For years we made annual treks to the races from Kentucky, sadly the Labor Day race ended in 2004 and I also became pregnant with my first child around the same time...ok ok exactly the same time...then came my niece and of course carefree jaunts to racetracks we over......at least until now. My baby turned just turned six and now we live about an hour from the track so this year we are going to start a new tradition for the race that is now ran on Mother's Day weekend......and I can't think of anything more fitting!http://visitsouth.com/articles/article/2010-showtime-southern-500-darlington-raceway-darlington-sc/

1 comment:

BMGee said...

Pregnant at the same time huh?! Must have been the burning rubber that got your motor running!!! LOL!! If you go for Mother's Day... it may just happen again! Especially since your biological clock is ticking once again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Enterprise Rent-A-Car